Seabourn To Introduce New Regiis Ova Caviar To Luxury Travelers
Seabourn's New Regiis Ova Caviar
Click-To-Tweet: @SeabournCruise to take its renowned caviar service to a new level with the introduction of Regiis Ova caviar on its fleet of ultra-luxury ships.
SEATTLE, January 7, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, has long been known to offer guests caviar service but now is appealing to the culinary senses of travelers even further with the introduction of Regiis Ova caviar on its fleet of five ships. This new offering is an extension of Seabourn’s culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller through his new caviar company. Co-founded by Keller and Shaoching Bishop, former CEO of Sterling Caviar and Tsar Nicoulai Caviar, Regiis Ova (“Royal Egg” in Latin) partners directly with the world’s finest sources of sturgeon farms that have met the standards of Chef Keller’s restaurants, including The Grill by Thomas Keller.
Regiis Ova has selected Siberian Reserve (Acipenser Baerii) from a family owned and operated farm in the fisherman village of San Gregorio de Polanco on the shore of the Rio Negro in Uruguay. The Siberian Reserve is pleasing to the eye and palate, offering a variety of shades and a subtle yet slightly sweet buttery flavor. Its eggs offer a delicate texture with notes of walnut and dried fruits due to the maturing process.
“Our caviar service is renowned throughout the luxury travel industry, whether a guest orders it in one of our restaurants, on the pool deck while getting some sun, or even in their suite,” said Gerald Mosslinger, vice president of Hotel Operations for Seabourn. “Regiis Ova caviar elevates this sought-after service even further with a product that is sure to please the most discriminating palate.”
Implementation of the new caviar brand will begin to take place across the Seabourn fleet during the first part of 2019 as current supplies of stock onboard are used and replenished.
Both Keller and Bishop share a commitment to quality, a deep respect for their communities, and a desire to make memorable experiences for their customers, all of which come through in the Siberian Reserve caviar available to all guests onboard Seabourn.
Seabourn’s partnership with Keller began in 2015 and is brought to life through dishes served in venues across the ship and in the dedicated restaurant, The Grill by Thomas Keller, which is reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, exclusive to Seabourn, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests are treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes as well as a range of other favorites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte. The timeless menu draws on the freshest products from artisan purveyors. A unique cocktail program and premium wine list of domestic and old world labels complement the menu. Design by Adam Tihany further enhances the experience with distinctive spaces enlivened with intimate, elegant, warmly masculine settings.
The Grill by Thomas Keller is open to diners on all five of Seabourn’s ships.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel professional, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions.