Seabourn Debuts Line-Up of Exclusive Events Available To Guests Of the “World Cruise: Extraordinary Destinations"
Seabourn World Cruise Events
SEATTLE, February 21, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, is offering guests the opportunity to experience one of life’s greatest travel adventures with their 146-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Destinations on Seabourn Sojourn in 2020. The ship will cross three great oceans and stop at 62 ports in 36 countries on five continents throughout the course of the sailing, featuring a combination of visits to desirable marquee ports and hidden gems, and will include 16 overnights in port and late evening stays another 18 times
Beyond visits to exceptional and noteworthy destinations around the world, guests sailing on the full world cruise will enjoy several authentic, exciting, and exclusive dinners featuring local cuisine and entertaining events designed to celebrate the travel milestone, including:
- De Bajan Dinner Extravaganza at the Sunbury Plantation House – Guests are invited to enjoy an evening at the Sunbury Plantation House, featuring handcrafted local rum cocktails, local cuisine and a performance of the “de Bajan Extravaganza” by an all-Barbadian cast. The electrifying and mesmerizing show, with beautifully costumed dancers and captivating moko jumbies, will have the audience tapping their feet all night long. Built around 1660 by Matthew Chapman, an Irish/English planter and one of the first settlers on Barbados, the countryside Sunbury Plantation House will set quite a stage for the festivities. Scheduled January 15, 2020 in Barbados.
- Chennai Medley: Culture, Traditions and Cuisine – With a garland of fresh flowers draped gently around their neck, travelers from near and far will feel right at home at the time-honored Thalam Welcome Ceremony that is deeply rooted in vivid colors and ancestral customs. The evening will progress with a live performance of Carnatic classical music played on traditional instruments such as gottuvadhyam, ghatam, and droning tambura, followed by a Bharatanatyam dance performance. The shows will be accompanied by dinner and a variety of local wines and spirits ensuring a mood is as lively as the show. Scheduled March 11, 2020 in Chennai, India.
- The Heart and Soul of the South Pacific Dinner & Entertainment – The historic five-star Grand Pacific Hotel on the seafront in Suva, Fiji, will host this memorable night of show-stopping entertainment. Guests are invited to witness a mesmerizing display right from the start as Fijian lali drummers announce the travelers’ arrival with rhythmic drumming, colorful displays, and traditional dance. Move on to enjoy a delicious buffet dinner of local cuisine while watching in delight as warriors dressed to thrill bring the past to life through movement and sound. Scheduled May 7, 2020 in Suva, Fiji.
“With endless unique experiences and unforgettable adventures along the World Cruise on Seabourn Sojourn, the exclusive performances we have lined up offer pure enjoyment and authentic culture for guests of the entire 146-day voyage,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales. “With food, drink, dance and music full of local flavor playing out in beautiful and historic surroundings, these events will really be something to remember on an already unforgettable trip.”
The World Cruise on Seabourn Sojourn will depart Miami on January 4, 2020, and travel eastbound before ending in San Francisco on May 28, 2020. Destinations include the Caribbean, Africa, India, Arabia, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Australia & South Pacific, and Hawaii, with award-winning Seabourn service all along the way.
Seabourn is currently offering a limited-time Early Booking Incentive. Travelers who book the World Cruise by February 28, 2019, will receive a 50% reduced deposit. In addition, guests who sail the entire World Cruise – from January 4 to May 28, 2020 – will enjoy a variety of complimentary World Cruise amenities when booked by May 31, 2019. In addition, guests who pay in full by May 31, 2019, will receive 3% savings off the cruise-only fare. Certain restrictions apply.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions.
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability