ENJOY A DINNER TO REMEMBER WITH SEABOURN’S NEW ‘ENJOY YOUR CATCH’ EXPERIENCE AVAILABLE IN ALASKA & BRITISH COLUMBIA
SEATTLE, June 18, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, has a new offering that is sure to reel in guests hungry for adventure and the freshest, wildest Alaska seafood imaginable. It’s Enjoy Your Catch, an exclusive culinary experience offering a memorable opportunity for guests to not only hook but also savor their own personal catch of the day in the midst of an ‘Ultimate Alaska’ voyage exploring the majestic wilderness of Alaska & British Columbia aboard Seabourn Sojourn over the summer season ahead.
Enjoy Your Catch is available now in conjunction with select shore excursions in Alaska - with distinctive guide-led adventures - and the potential for tasty seafood is waiting at each destination. Upon returning to Seabourn Sojourn, guests will have the option to enjoy their fresh catch deliciously prepared for dinner by the onboard culinary team at either The Restaurant or The Colonnade.
“People fish all over the world, but few opportunities measure up to those we’ve created for guests with the Enjoy Your Catch experience surrounded by the beauty of Alaska this summer,” said Gerald Mosslinger, vice president of hotel operations for Seabourn. “With skilled guides who know their way to the best waters, fishing for anglers of all skill levels, and preparation for evening enjoyment by Seabourn’s culinary talent, Enjoy Your Catch is an experience every guest will want to be a part of.”
As with any fishing experience, a catch is the goal but not guaranteed. Where will guests be able to experience their own personal “Big Fish” story in Alaska this summer? Destinations with excursions that enable Enjoy Your Catch include:
- Halibut Fishing at Icy Straight Point – Board a modern cabin cruiser and embark on the ultimate fishing excursion in one of the hottest fishing spots known only to locals. The waters of Icy Strait are teeming with halibut, and an abundance of marine life and brilliant photo opportunities will be waiting.
- Salmon Fishing at Ketchikan – Board a modern fishing boat and head to a nearby salmon fishing locale in the sheltered waters of Clover Passage, while keeping an eye – and a camera – out for eagles, whales, seals, sea lions and other wildlife along the way.
- Salmon Fishing at Sitka – The waters of Sitka Sound are swimming with an abundance of king, silver, chum and pink salmon, and sport fishing in the region is one of the best-kept secrets in Southeast Alaska. Combined with dramatic views, marine wildlife, and excitement as running as deep as the waters, this half-day salmon fishing adventure is not to be missed.
- Fishing the Inside Passage at Wrangell – Engage in world-class Pacific Ocean fishing along the Inside Passage amid a backdrop of spectacular scenery, with calm waters harboring a multitude of sought-after species including salmon and halibut. Leave it to the captain to choose the best chance of catch based on seasonality and word of the day.
The 2019 season in Alaska and British Columbia runs from June to October offering a selection of 11-, 12- and 14-day ‘Ultimate Alaska’ cruises with itineraries including wilderness destinations such as Harriman Fjord and College Fjord; marquee ports from Ketchikan and Juneau; and rarely visited gems such as the First Nation villages of Alert Bay and Klemtu, a town of fewer than 500 belonging to the Kitasoo Native Band where guests will enjoy the breathtaking Inside Passage of British Columbia.
Every cruise will include complimentary Seabourn all-weather jackets; inspiring onboard guest speakers from the Seabourn Conversations program; opportunities for frequent wildlife sightings from the ship and shore; and a delectable "Caviar on the Ice" deck party and other special deck events.
Adventure seekers are encouraged to lock in a spot on one of the Ventures by Seabourn tours to discover select destinations via hike, kayak, Zodiac and catamaran. Each optional excursion offers up-close exploration of natural and/or cultural wonders, with guidance, insight and lectures from the line’s skilled expedition team staffed by accomplished naturalists, marine biologists, wildlife researchers, photographers, videographers, guides and more. Among notable Ventures by Seabourn Tours scheduled through the season: Inian Islands Zodiac Exploration; Kayak Exploration of Misty Fjords; and Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm Via Kayak.
For travelers who want to delve deeper into the beauty and history of the region, Seabourn is also offering exclusive Seabourn Journeys for in-depth exploration before or after their cruise. One by plane, the other by rail, and both magnificent, they include the Denali Experience and UNESCO Banff National Park & the Rocky Mountaineer.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Seabourn guests participating in Enjoy Your Catch will be required to purchase a valid one-day fishing license, available from the fishing boat captain at $25, and a $15 king salmon stamp as well during king salmon season, May-June. All fishing gear is provided. Guests may also choose to have their catch shipped anywhere within the United States for an additional fee.
Seabourn guests participating in Cook Your Catch will be required to purchase a valid one-day fishing license, available from the fishing boat captain at $25, and a $15 king salmon stamp as well during king salmon season, May-June. All fishing gear is provided. Guests may also choose to have their catch shipped anywhere within the United States for an additional fee.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions.
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability