Seabourn Reveals Stunning Design Details for 'Seabourn Square' on New Ultra-Luxury Expedition Ships
SEATTLE, September 25, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, is moving toward the launch of two new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ships, set to begin cruising the world’s most coveted and remote destinations in June 2021 and May 2022, respectively. Travelers on Seabourn Venture and her yet-to-be-named sister ship will find a wealth of masterfully crafted onboard spaces, including Seabourn Square, which is currently found on all five Seabourn ships and is a true guest favorite.
Renowned designer Adam D. Tihany has shaped public spaces that capture the romanticism of early explorers with the vibrant energy of present day, invoking a timeless sense of adventure while maintaining the familiarity of the venues that past guests have grown to enjoy.
A popular destination on every Seabourn vessel, Seabourn Square will be the true ‘living room’ of the line’s new expedition ships. An inviting sociable space where guests will find a charming European style coffee bar, Seabourn Square has been designed as an open, comfortable environment for guests to interact with onboard officers and the expedition team and engage in conversation with family and new friends. The space is also home to the highly-trained Guest Services staff, who provide a range of concierge services such as general ship information, assistance with special service requests, port and travel information, and more.
A selection of coffees are prepared by the skilled onboard baristas using beans roasted in Seabourn Square. For those feeling a bit hungry, Seabourn Square offers freshly made pastries and other on-the-go breakfast items in the morning, as well as an assortment of light sandwiches and desserts later in the day, along with a selection of artisanal gelati made on board. Guests will also find a wide range of books in the adjoining library, with a host of titles on subjects such as adventure, expeditions and other topics of interest to enjoy while onboard. Staying current with the news is made easy with a selection of printed newspapers from around the world and tablets featuring the Press Reader news application available to browse each day.
In keeping with the design on its two most recent ships – Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation – the circular Guest Services concierge desks in Seabourn Square face outward, while wood-backed scalloped banquettes and lounge chairs designed as part of the Seabourn Venture collection by Tihany’s product arm encircle live-edge-wood coffee and side tables, creating intimate gathering spaces throughout. Riveted leather wall panels envelop the room, echoing the handcrafted details of the furniture. Overhead, a circular patterned ceiling recalls the symmetrical composition of a compass, while thoughtfully curated bookshelves and expedition-themed artworks and accessories paint a picture of an explorer’s private home outfitted with mementos from past voyages. In addition, the lounge will extend onto the aft of Deck 6, offering guests a variety of outdoor seating to relax and soak up the views, with fixed Swarovski telescopes enabling discovery from the comfort of the ultra-luxury expedition ship.
“Seabourn Venture and her sister shipwill offer a variety of great spaces for guests to relax, revel in the experience, and get to know one another in our all-inclusive environment,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “Seabourn Square is always a place with an underlying sense of community – where guests and our staff share stories from their lives and travels - and I’m certain it will be on the new expedition ships as well.”
Each new ultra-luxury expedition ship will feature 132 luxurious oceanfront veranda suites. Renderings of the new ships, suites and public spaces of the ship can be found in the link here. More details about other dining, social venues and public spaces will continue to be revealed in the coming months. Itineraries for the first season of travel aboard Seabourn Venture are now open for booking on the Seabourn website.
Seabourn continues to represent the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, more than 170 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Inclusive expedition experiences with Zodiacs, mountain and ebikes, scuba diving and snorkeling
- Optional expedition experiences with kayaks and custom-built, 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend your expedition further for greater ocean exploration**
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating your journey
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance your experience
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program**
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*At the Captain’s discretion
** Optional programs, for additional charge