Seabourn Offers Guests An Immersive Australia & New Zealand Upcoming Season
Returning to Australia and New Zealand
October 1, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, will return to Australia and New Zealand in December 2019, including a number of new exciting ports around the picturesque country. In total, Seabourn Encoreand Seabourn Sojournwill make 40 calls across Australia this summer season, along with a number of diverse, insightful port calls across the island nation of New Zealand.
From December 2019 to April 2020, Seabourn’s two ultra-luxury ships will visit boutique ports, sheltered coves and hidden harbours that larger cruise ships often cannot access as well as favorite marquee ports, with a variety of onboard offerings and on-shore experiences that cater to every type of traveler.
Sailing the awe inspiring South Pacific Ocean from December to March, the cruise line will make its first ever call to Portland, Victoria, site of the first permanent European settlement in the state, when Seabourn Encore visits on March 14. Other maiden ship calls include Seabourn Encore’s first visits to Hobart (March 11), Kangaroo Island (March 15) and Adelaide (March 16). This is a very unique and exhilarating itinerary with its heavy emphasis on ports in the east and south, including New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia.
Seabourn Sojourn will visit six Australian ports as part of her world cruise, including her first calls to Airlie Beach, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef (April 24) and Brisbane (April 26), officially closing the cruise season on April 29 as the last international ship scheduled to depart Sydney.
“We are thrilled to offer our guests so many choices in ultra-luxury cruising in Australia and New Zealand this year,” said Chris Austin, senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales for Seabourn. “This fascinating, beautiful part of the world provides our guests with a wide array of extraordinary destinations and experiences in a way that only Seabourn can deliver.”
New Zealand shines aboard Seabourn Encore where guests can visit this multi-cultural nation of people from Maori, European, Pacific, and Asian origin, who are often regarded as warm and friendly. A selection of departures from December 2019 through February 2020 offer plenty of options to explore this nation of two main and many small nations in depth in locations such as Milford Sound, a UNESCO World Heritage site and New Zealand’s most famous tourist destination. Other port calls include Timaru, where the South Canterbury Museum traces the history of the region from the Maori arrival to the present; Lyttelton (Christchurch), where historic Antarctic voyages began and home of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens; and Wellington, with its crown jewel Te Papa, a museum of Australasian natural history, science and culture.
With multiple cruises around Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, guests will witness sweeping landscapes, stunning waterfalls, pristine beaches and wildlife eye-to-eye in ultra-luxury style aboard Seabourn’s intimate ships. As the Official Cruise Partner for UNESCO World Heritage, Seabourn guests will also have the opportunity to visit iconic and cherished sites such as Daintree National Park, Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef as part of Seabourn’s pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys which can be added to itineraries.
Inspired by the rising interest in mindful, healthy living, Seabourn will bring a dedicated wellness cruise to Australia and New Zealand for the first time in February 2020. Celebrated physician and best-selling author Dr. Andrew Weil will join guests on board with a team of wellness experts. Sailing from Auckland, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia through Milford Sound, the onboard itinerary will include lectures, discussions, classes and demonstrations led by Dr. Weil and his team to help guests enrich their lives for better mental and physical health.
Further highlights of the season include:
- Discover the exotic isles of the Indonesian Archipelago, port in Darwin and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Great Barrier Reef before finishing in Sydney with the 24-Day Java Sea & Coral Coast cruise. Travel dates November 27 to December 21, 2019.
- The 17-Day Orchard Isles & Coral Coast itinerary departs Bali and travels along the Australian coastline to Sydney. Travel dates December 4 to 21, 2019.
- Celebrate the holiday season with the 33-Day Gems of the Southern Seas cruise which departs from Denpasar, Bali and explore the Indonesian isles, east coast of Australia and all three islands of New Zealand. Travel dates December 4 to January 6, 2020.
- Seabourn’s favourite antipodean itinerary is a 16-Day survey of all three New Zealand islands before visiting Melbourne and Sydney Harbour. Travel dates December 21 to January 6, January 20 to February 5 and February 5 to 21, 2020.
- Departing Sydney with a stop in Melbourne, 30-Day Treasures of New Zealand is Seabourn’s most immersive exploration of “The Land of the Long White Cloud,” which also visits Norfolk Island. Travel dates December 21, 2019 to January 20, 2020.
- 16-Day Wellness cruise departs from Auckland and explores both of New Zealand’s beautiful islands before sailing to Melbourne and Sydney. Travel dates February 21 to March 8, 2020.
- Ventures by Seabourn optional for-charge expedition-style excursions including Zodiacs and kayaks delivered by a world-class team of experts in a variety of fields such as marine biology, ornithology, and geology. The team also interacts with guests throughout the course of the sailing through presentations, interpretation on the outdoor decks of the ship, and even during meals. Available in select ports on itineraries departing in 2019 on November 27, December 4 & 21, and 2020 departures on January 6 & 20, February 5 & 21, March 8 & 22, and April 7.
Seabourn represents the best of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board.
For more information or reservations, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1 800 929 9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice†
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
†Not available on board Seabourn Venture