Seabourn Adds New Treatments to Onboard Mindful Living Program: Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil
SEATTLE, October 29, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, in partnership with OneSpaWorld, is introducing even more treatments to its fleet-wide mindful living program, Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil. The program offers guests a holistic spa and wellness experience, which includes unique optional treatments such as acupuncture and crystal sound bath, to integrate physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being.
As part of the wellness enhancement in the spa, Seabourn guests will soon be able to enjoy two new treatments that will be rolled out fleetwide by the end of the first quarter of 2020. These two treatments add to the number of reasons why cruise travel can have a positive impact on physical and mental well-being.
“Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil was a first-of-its-kind spa program when it was introduced to Seabourn guests in 2016, offering an experience they simply couldn’t find anywhere else in the industry,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “The strength of the program lives on and these new treatment options, developed together with Dr. Weil, means we can deliver an even stronger series of mind and body programs that ensure travellers can relax and rejuvenate while traveling with us.”
The new treatment options scheduled to roll out in the first part of 2020 include:
- Earth Grounding Massage: An opportunity to reconnect the body with nature, this enhanced treatment combines the therapeutic benefits of touch with a specialized grounding technology that harnesses the age old power of the Earth. Modern science has enabled the adaptation of negative electrons transferred from the Earth’s surface into the body via energy channels embedded in the treatment table to alleviate pain and inflammation, reduce stress levels, improve circulation, and aid in restful sleep. Emerge relaxed and recharged from this balancing, earthing experience.
- Restorative Salt Stone Massage: This deeply restorative massage leaves the guest feeling energized, recharged and ready for the demands of modern life. Warm, Himalayan salt stones are bathed in personally selected aromatics to contour the body and diffuse negative energy, reduce stress, and alleviate muscle tension, completed by a re-energizing face and scalp massage for a truly uplifting experience.
These treatments join two other options introduced on all Seabourn ships earlier this year:
- Thai Massage: Based on the masterful fusion of traditional Thai Massage and the Chinese method of deep tissue pressure point massage, stretching techniques are used to stimulate blood flow and release toxins while realigning the body and restoring suppleness.
- Mindful Living Massage: Harnessing the energies of touch, breath and vibration, this relaxing therapy clears the mind and balances the body. Sweeping massage techniques, conscious breathing, and the vibrational effects of sound encourage energy flow to be restored, easing away the stresses and anxiety of everyday life. Guests drift away into a meditative state and feel thoroughly rested and rebalanced.
The Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil program is led by the Mindful Living Coach, who is specially trained in the teachings and principles of Dr. Weil. The coach is a certified yoga and meditation practitioner who inspires and educates all guests through various complimentary classes and gatherings throughout the voyage. Guests who choose to participate in the program have a cruise experience that is further enhanced by a holistic mind and body perspective. Dr. Weil also sails on a different Seabourn ship each year, including an upcoming 16-day Wellness in Australia & New Zealand itinerary beginning February 21, 2020, where he delivers a 60-minute lecture for guests and also offers smaller informal group discussions, supported by a small team of experts in integrative medicine who also share valuable information with guests. A separate team of wellness experts also makes regular visits to spa facilities throughout the Seabourn fleet.
Central to the Spa & Wellness program is the daily practice of meditation and yoga through a selection of complimentary sessions. Guests can experience Mindful Meditation, which introduces positive affirmations and mantras they can reflect on throughout the day. There are also daily restorative yoga classes which continue to focus upon the mantra and positive affirmations. Yoga classes vary, offering guests the ability to choose classes that focus on various physical issues, such as yoga to heal back and joint pain, headaches and body alignment, as well as yoga to enhance creativity, mental focus and happiness. Classes focus on mind, body and spirit over a period of seven days, and change daily with a new theme.
Integral to the wellness program are enriching complimentary Mind & Body seminars designed to educate guests on philosophies and practices that are aligned with the program’s mission. Each presentation aims to empower guests with ideas and practices that enhance well-being and increase the awareness of connection between mind, body, environment and wellness. Seminars are created by Dr. Weil and OneSpaWorld professionals, many of which will be based upon Dr. Weil’s teachings, and will explore the fields of the healing arts.
On board seminars include Your Path to Optimal Health - How Your Body Can Heal Itself, 5 Steps to Happiness, The Healing Power of Sleep, and Introduction to the Mindful Living Program in a series of workshops written by Dr. Weil and delivered by the Mindful Living Coach. Individualized one-on-one wellness sessions on select topics are also be available for a fee. Shore experiences for the wellness-minded traveller are also available as part of the Mindful Living Collection. Full details on the Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil program can be found on the Seabourn website.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of all-inclusive ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart including spacious, thoughtfully appointed all-suite accommodations, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including more than 425 marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways on all seven continents.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences as the Official Cruise Partner of UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice†
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
†Not available on board Seabourn Venture