Seabourn Returns To Istanbul In 2020 With Seven-Day Eastern Mediterranean Voyages
Seabourn Returns To Istanbul
SEATTLE, August 15, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, is returning to Istanbul, Turkey, in October 2020 aboard the line’s newest ship, Seabourn Ovation. The 300-suite ship – all with verandas - will sail four seven-day eastern Mediterranean voyages between Istanbul and Athens, Greece, or Athens to Istanbul exploring the iconic Greek Isles and richly historic cities in Turkey.
Guests will either embark or debark in Istanbul during the four new week-long itineraries, which will include:
- Seven-day Ephesus & Greek Isles (October 10 and October 24, 2020) – Seabourn Ovation will depart Athens and sail to the beautiful Greek Islands, including Patmos; Agios Nikolaos, Crete; Mykonos, and Skiathos, as well as Bozcaada and Kusadasi, Turkey, before arriving at Istanbul. The ship’s visit to Kusadasi will feature Seabourn’s signature complimentary “Evening at Ephesus,” a private classical concert in the ancient ruins under the stars that became a favorite for guests.
- Seven-day Turkish & Aegean Treasures (October 17 and October 31, 2020) – The ship will depart Istanbul and traverse the waters of the Aegean Sea to Myrina, Rhodes, Santorini, and Spétsai in Greece, while also visiting Çesme and Bodrum along the turquoise coast of Turkey, before arriving at Athens.
“Istanbul is a fascinating city steeped in history, with stunning architectural wonders and cultural sites,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “These sailings – with so much heritage accessible in every port – are perfect for anyone considering a trip to the Eastern Mediterranean in 2020.”
Travelers wishing to explore Turkey more in-depth may combine the two seven-day voyages for a longer and more immersive 14-day experience. In addition to receiving a memorable journey in Turkey and Greece, guests will also receive savings of up to 10% off of regular cruise fares when they book back-to-back sailings.
In addition, Seabourn Odyssey will also visit several cities in Turkey in 2020, including Cesme, Kusadasi, Fethiye, and Bodrum during the ship’s eastern Mediterranean season.
Prior to the four new itineraries, Seabourn Ovation will spend the summer of 2020 in Northern Europe, offering seven- and 14-day voyages, including in the Baltic between Copenhagen and Stockholm, as well as along the North Cape and to St. Petersburg, Russia. Then the ship will head to the British Isles and travel around the continent from Dover to Lisbon via Paris. In the fall, Seabourn Ovation will sail the Mediterranean from the Iberian Peninsula to Morocco, the French and Italian Rivieras, and on to Greece and Turkey. These voyages may also be combined and booked back-to-back for an in-depth travel experience.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all oceanfront; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
Regular guests of Seabourn will continue to find a number of innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn.
Such programs include ‘An Evening with Tim Rice’, the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; ‘Shopping with the Chef’ excursions in select ports, with an expert Seabourn chef as guide to learn about regional markets and see how the freshest ingredients are selected; ‘Seabourn Conversations’ with special guest speaker including knowledgeable historians, naturalists, marine biologists, destination experts and more; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favorites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions.
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability