Seabourn Bound For Europe In 2023 With A Wealth Of Ultra-Luxury Voyages Visiting Nearly 170 Destinations
SEATTLE, July 20, 2021 – Seabourn, the ultra-luxury cruise line, is already looking ahead to summer in Europe in 2023, announcing itineraries for four Seabourn ships set to explore the continent that fills many travel bucket lists from late March to early December. The line’s 2023 Europe season opens for sale on July 21, 2021, and full itineraries and details are available on its website.
First-time and returning Seabourn guests have much to consider and ultimately to choose from throughout Europe, with a wealth of handcrafted itineraries mixing favorite cities and lesser-visited ports, including several new and/or notable destinations. Four of Seabourn’s ultra-luxury ships will explore Europe with elegance and ease, including Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Sojourn. Together, the fleet will offer 194 individual departures from a variety of different embarkation gateways. The season will include cruises of seven to 38 days around Europe, visiting nearly 170 different destinations. The ships will sail the Mediterranean from the Canary Islands and Morocco, through Iberia and Italy to the Adriatic, and Croatia, Greece and Turkey. Travelers can also explore Northern Europe, visiting shining cities, picturesque villages and stunning sights of Scandinavia and Russia, the Norwegian fjords, scenic British Isles, and Greenland and Iceland.
“Every year, Seabourn’s season in Europe gets more and more exciting, and 2023 will be no different with a wide selection of ultra-luxury cruises for guests who really want to explore this region that is filled with favorite places,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “Seabourn was the first ultra-luxury cruise brand and we are the experts in European luxury travel, and with each season we provide more access to opportunities and explorations that guests can’t find anywhere else. Our four ships will offer desirable overnight stays, new and notable ports of call, and selected itineraries enhanced by popular onboard programming and shore excursions sure to excite the most seasoned travelers.”
Seabourn strives to fill its itineraries with the most interesting ports of call, and its 2023 Europe season will feature 16 “new and notable” destinations the line either hasn’t previously visited or hasn’t been to in years. They include Marbella and Alicante, Spain; Agadir, Morocco; Penzance, United Kingdom; Marmaris, Turkey; Livadi, Naousa, Kavala (Neapolis), Milos, and Poros, Greece; Ystad, Sweden; Gdansk, Poland, Port Pionersky (Kaliningrad), Russia; Riga, Latvia; Rønne, Bornholm, Denmark; and Hamilton, Bermuda.
Here is what to look forward to from each of the Seabourn ultra-luxury ships that will be bound for Europe in 2023:
- Seabourn Sojourn’s Europe season is scheduled from May 27 to November 3, 2023, with a new focus on 10-day voyages throughout the Western Mediterranean, offering more in-depth experiences and reaching smaller destinations. Highlights include The Rivieras with itineraries between Monte Carlo and Barcelona, as well as off-the-beaten-track destinations such as Sanary Sur Mer, St. Raphael, Golfo Aranci and La Ciotat. Seabourn Sojourn’s round-trip itineraries between Spain and Morocco will include evenings in Casablanca and Tangier, as well as late nights in Malaga. The 10-day voyages from Barcelona to Rome will sail east to Malta and Gozo, with the latter as an exclusive stopping point as Seabourn is one of the few cruise lines to venture to the site of the Ggantija Temples, one of the world’s oldest free-standing structures. Seabourn Sojourn will offer 43 itineraries, ranging from 10-day cruises to 30-day combinations, among them the 10-day Romance on the Riviera, 20-day France, Italy & Maltese Gems, and 30-day Best of the Mediterranean.
- Seabourn Encore will explore the Eastern Mediterranean from April 23 to November 19, 2023, with seven-day voyages of the Greek Isles norwaand Turkish coast providing numerous departures through twin itineraries that invite combinations with Mykonos and Ephesus in one direction, and Santorini and Bodrum in the other. New highlights include an extra pair of Holy Land sailings, an enhanced itinerary from Athens to Haifa visiting ports such as Antalya and Alanya on the South coast of Turkey, and two additional 10-day voyages round-trip from Athens, with mid-cruise overnights in Istanbul. There will also be 11-day voyages round-trip from Athens to take guests to Malta, Italy and Turkey. Taken together, Seabourn Encore will offer 78 itineraries ranging from 7-day cruises, which can also be combined to create 14- and 21-day adventures, with highlights including the 7-day Greek & Dalmatian Delights, 14-day Aegean Marvels, and the 21-day Mediterranean Mysteries & the Holy Land.
- Seabourn Quest will explore the Western Mediterranean in 2023, with its season running from March 26 to July 31. The ship will focus on 10- and 11-day itineraries, providing in-depth explorations of the Adriatic. Among new itineraries are 10-day voyages round-trip from Venice that will reach as far south as Corfu, Parga and Zakinthos; and 11-day voyages round-trip from Venice that will reach Malta and Syracusa with a berth in the heart of the city. Also, Seabourn will be the only line heading to the nearby super-yacht port of Tivat, Montenegro. Seabourn Quest finishes its Europe season with a 24-day Route of the Vikings, from Dover to Montreal exploring the British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, and the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland and Quebec, with exciting Ventures by Seabourn offerings along the way. Altogether, Seabourn Quest will offer 24 itineraries ranging from 7-day voyages to combination cruises up to 38 days, including the 7-day Riviera Escapades, the 21-day Jewels of the Venetian Empire, the 24-day Route of the Vikings, and the 36-day New World Exploration II.
- Seabourn Ovation will cruise Northern Europe and the Western Mediterranean from April 9 to November 19, 2023. New 10- and 11-day itineraries from London to Stockholm and back will visit a number of ports Seabourn has not explored in years, including Skagen, Denmark; Ystad, Sweden; Gdansk, Poland; and Kaliningrad, Russia – the last, a true maiden call. The itinerary will also offer a late night in Hamburg and a full transit call in Copenhagen staying into the evening. There will also be the line’s popular 7-day Baltic and St. Petersburg voyages between Copenhagen and Stockholm, as well as 14-day Norway and North Cape itineraries where Seabourn truly shines by cruising the inside passage, highly scenic routes. Seabourn Ovation will offer a total of 49 itineraries through the season, ranging from seven days to combinations up to 28 days, including 7-day The Baltic & St. Petersburg, 10-day Scandinavian Snapshot, and 21-day Mediterranean and Iberian Tapestry.
Optional Ventures by Seabourn expedition-style excursions will highlight three North Cape & Majestic Fjords cruises on Seabourn Ovation and the Route of the Vikings cruise on Seabourn Quest. Highlights of the former within Norway include exploring the Aurlandsfjord and its surrounding islands via kayak; visiting the Arctic Alpine Botanic Garden in Tromso; and exploring Nordfjord by Zodiac with a cable car ride to the viewpoint at Hoven Loen. For the latter, there will be a Zodiac tour of Heimaey Island in Iceland; a Zodiac transfer followed by a walking tour of the Hvalsey Norse Ruins in Qaqortoq (Julianehab), Greenland; and a Calve Island kayak tour in Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland…to name a few.
Guests will also have opportunities to take their travels further with the Seabourn Journeys collection, featuring pre- and post-voyage land-based packages to explore iconic landmarks that are best experienced beyond a scheduled port call.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. Our all-inclusive, boutique ships offer all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; a pedigree in expedition travel through the Ventures by Seabourn program and two new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ships coming in 2021 and 2022. Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, visiting more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and well-being, and engaging speakers.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships with two under construction and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world. Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and the people and communities our ships visit.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions†
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
† Not available on board Seabourn Venture