Eight Ways Seabourn Has Innovated To Enhance The Guest Experience On Its Ultra-Luxury Ships
Image Credit: @michutravel
SEATTLE, September 16, 2021 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is elevating the guest experience aboard its fleet of ultra-luxury ships with the introduction of a variety of new onboard features and enhanced services.
“We are always thinking of new and more innovative ways to ensure we provide the best luxury hospitality experience to our guests,” said Gerald Mosslinger, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Guest Operations. “Over the past 18 months, we examined our onboard amenities and services, from culinary to entertainment to technology, and guests will find even more ways where we’re creating memorable Seabourn Moments.”
Seabourn pioneered the ultra-luxury cruise category, receiving many prestigious awards and recognition for the travel experience it delivers. The brand is going even further by developing new and enhanced services across eight areas, including housekeeping, culinary, entertainment, embarkation, safety and more. Details include:
- Enhanced food and beverage offerings: More than 300 new recipes await guests on their next voyage, along with new culinary offerings in several venues. Start the day with Breakfast at The Patio, providing another morning al fresco option poolside featuring a daily menu of items and lighter fare, including vegan, vegetarian and plant-based options, freshly made juices, as well as classic breakfast dishes. For pre-dinner cocktails, The Club now features a revamped cocktail hour, offering a creative new menu of small bites that changes daily, live music and enhanced playlists, with the fun extending to the outdoor deck space immediately outside.
- New and Enhanced Entertainment Offerings: Seabourn has developed four new and enhanced entertainment experiences, including a new exciting production show on Seabourn Ovation, Latin Quarter, showcasing the dances and music of Latin America, and Serenade, a classical concert on deck during sail away events.
- Seabourn Source: Seabourn has released an all-new state-of-the-art app, Seabourn Source, which puts the luxury of Seabourn at your fingertips. Available for Apple iPhones or Android, the app features the ability to view the day’s events on your screen, order ahead a fresh cappuccino or latte in Seabourn Square and make reservations in dining outlets including The Grill by Thomas Keller. The mobile app also lets guests retrieve digital boarding passes to expedite the embarkation process and they can also prepare required health assessments for each member of their party prior to embarkation. Within Source guests can use Uncorkd to access extensive lists of hundreds of wines or learn about different varietals during onboard wine lectures.
- New all-inclusive complimentary Wi-Fi: Seabourn has tripled the bandwidth on board for guests and Wi-Fi service is now complimentary, with unlimited minutes for all bookings on every ship, making it easier for guests to stay connected while they travel with Seabourn. Under this new system, two tiers of Wi Fi packages will be available for guests. The service allows unlimited browsing, email, and social media access. Guests needing additional bandwidth for more devices, video streaming or cloud storage services can upgrade their package at a nominal service charge.
- New Housekeeping Teams: The onboard housekeeping team will now consist of a two-person team servicing each suite to include one Suite Host and one Suite Attendant, replacing the former single Suite Stewardess position. Both the Suite Host and Suite Attendant will service their assigned suites to the highest Seabourn standards, ensuring guests’ every preference is met and striving to exceed their expectations throughout the voyage.
- Streamlined Embarkation Process: Seabourn has simplified and automated the check-in process with “mBark” enabling guests to go from curbside to the ship faster. Including mobile boarding pass, guests are now provided with a specific assigned embarkation time. The electronic boarding pass is scanned when they arrive at the terminal and once on board, they will be escorted straight to their suites, which will already be prepared, allowing them to settle in and start enjoying their vacation right away.
- “e-Mustering”: Seabourn has redesigned the safety briefings to an e-mustering process where guests can complete the safety briefing from the comfort of their suite by watching the mandatory safety video on the TV. Guests then need to visit their designated muster station anytime between boarding and 30 minutes before the ship departs and listen to the captain’s announcement.
- Health and Safety: With the support of a world-class medical advisory panel, Seabourn has put in place a holistic approach to health and safety designed to provide travelers with enhanced confidence and comfort. The protocols include pre-cruise testing, verification of vaccination status, onboard screening, enhanced levels of cleaning and other steps to help travelers feel confident while they are on board.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. The all-inclusive, boutique ships offer all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; a pedigree in expedition travel through the Ventures by Seabourn program and two new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ships coming in 2022 and 2023. Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, visiting more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships with two expedition ships under construction and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world. Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and the people and communities our ships visit.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences as the Official Cruise Partner of UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions†
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
* Optional programs, for additional charge
^ Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
† Not available on board Seabourn Venture