Seabourn Previews Exclusive Special Events On 145-Day Itinerary Of “2022 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons”
SEATTLE, February 18, 2021 – Seabourn, the ultra-luxury cruise line, is offering a sneak peek of special events throughout the upcoming 145-day “2022 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons,” aboard Seabourn Sojourn. The lineup, available exclusively to guests who book the full voyage, offers tours, performances and dinners at destinations including a battleship in historic Pearl Harbor, Hawaii; a sculpture museum and garden in Keelung (Taipei), Taiwan; and the moonlit beaches of the Maldives.
Scheduled to depart Los Angeles on January 11, 2022 and arrive in Athens, Greece on June 6, 2022, the unforgettable journey around the globe will see guests cross two oceans, visit 72 ports, and explore 28 countries, with 20 overnight stays along the way.
As with every Seabourn voyage, guests of World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons will enjoy luxury amenities and exceptional experiences throughout, including visits to sights and scenes that larger cruise ships are unable to access. Guests booked on the full World Cruise will also enjoy a handful of authentic and intimate evening events intended to celebrate their travel milestone and make lasting memories.
Scheduled World Cruise events for full World Cruise guests include:
- Exclusive 1940’s Evening on Board the Battleship Missouri – The first of three exclusive events of the 2022 World Cruise will kick off at Battleship Row in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Guests will board the Battleship USS Missouri – also known as “Mighty Moe” –where they will have photographs snapped under 16-inch guns and enjoy views overlooking the USS Arizona Memorial. Guests will have the opportunity to venture around the ship with access to friendly docents ready to impart their deep knowledge of the ship’s details and history. A visit to the “Surrender Deck” where General Douglas MacArthur accepted the official surrender of Japan in September 1945 is a must, as well as arriving at last at the fantail, a former flight deck where a Japanese Kamikaze struck the battleship during the Okinawa campaign in WWII. The evening includes a lively and captivating 1940s patriotic performances featuring a nostalgic troupe reminiscent of the era, along with hors d’oeuvres and cocktails. Scheduled for January 20, 2022 at Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Intimate Dinner at the Stone Sculpture Museum & Gardens – A beautiful drive at dusk leads to Yangmingshan National Park, one of nine national parks in Taiwan, renowned for cherry blossoms, hot springs, and fumaroles. Guests will be welcomed with tastings of craft cocktails and time for a relaxed stroll around the beautiful grounds of the Sculpture Museums & Gardens. A private dinner serving authentic local food and flavors will be enjoyed in a private venue with an open bar included, followed by a private performance of a zheng (or guzheng), a Chinese plucked zither whose ancient history dates back well into BC’s. Scheduled for March 24, 2022 at Keelung (Taipei), Taiwan.
- An Evening at the Adaaran Prestige Vadoo Resort – Plunge into the beauty of the Indian Ocean with a distinctive BBQ dinner on the sparkling beaches of Adaaran Prestige Vadoo. Surrounded by pristine and timeless natural beauty, the prestigious Maldives luxury resort is located at the gateway to the South Atolls. Following arrival in an air-conditioned boat, guests will be received with a traditional Boduberu performance and welcome drinks, invited to enjoy free time to spend as they like at the beach, and then indulge in a barbeque dinner featuring a mix of international cuisine accompanied by a DJ with lights and sound. Scheduled for May 14, 2022 at Male, Maldives.
“The exclusive special events we have arranged for the guests who sail the entire 2022 World Cruise are in keeping with our time-tested philosophy of keeping guests engaged with opportunities to learn more about the local culture and history, accented with high-touch Seabourn service,” said Steve Smotrys Seabourn’s vice president of global sales. “With great food and cocktails, lively music and dance, and opportunities to explore remarkable settings at their own pace, each event will be something to remember.”
In addition to the three exclusive events, the World Cruise will include two of the line’s most popular signature events available to all guests on a complimentary basis: Caviar in the Surf beach barbecue at Ko Kood, Thailand; and “Evening at Ephesus” at Kusadasi, Turkey, featuring a private classical concert in the ancient ruins under the stars.
Star performer Rita Rudner will also help to open the 2022 World Cruise, sailing from Los Angeles to Honolulu. Rudner has a trademark comedic style, first developed in the 1980s. Over the course of a 12-year run, Rudner has sold 1.5 million tickets and has become the longest running solo comedy show in the history of Las Vegas.
Traveling westbound from Los Angeles, the 2022 World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons will visit Hawaii, the islands in the South Pacific, New Zealand and Australia, and a number of destinations in Asia, Arabia and Africa before arriving at Athens. Among myriad highlights will be Seabourn’s return to Egypt for the first time since 2014, and award-winning Seabourn service throughout the voyage.
Guests who book the full 145-day World Cruise by May 31, 2021 will receive a wealth of benefits and amenities, including round-trip air; shipboard credits; an unlimited Internet package; 50% reduced deposit for select markets; 3% Early Bonus Savings (for reservations paid in full by May 31, 2021); and more. Certain restrictions apply.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships with two under construction and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world. Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew, shoreside employees, and the people and communities our ships visit.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences as the Official Cruise Partner of UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice†
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
†Not available on board Seabourn Venture