Travel + Leisure Readers Rank Seabourn #1 In Annual World’s Best Awards
SEATTLE, September 10, 2021 – Seabourn, the ultra-luxury cruise line, has been named the top cruise line for 2021 by the readers of Travel + Leisure in the magazine’s annual World’s Best Awards. The brand won top honors in the ocean cruise line category for ships that carry 600 to 2,199 guests.
“We are deeply honored at Seabourn to be named world’s best cruise line in this category by the readers of Travel + Leisure. The Seabourn team always aims to go above and beyond to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide the best and most memorable travel experience,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “We are thrilled to be operating Seabourn today with the highest standards in guest luxury, entertainment and safety. We welcome travelers to experience the world’s best, only on Seabourn.”
Seabourn was also awarded as a top choice for ocean cruise ships that carry 250 to 599 passengers, meaning the entire Seabourn fleet has been recognized in this year’s competition. The brand was also recognized as a World’s Best Awards Hall of Fame honoree in both categories, a designation that is bestowed on brands that have been voted onto specific World’s Best Awards lists for the past 10 years (consecutive).
The Travel + Leisure World’s Best honor comes two months after two Seabourn ships returned to service – Seabourn Ovation in Greece and Seabourn Odyssey in the southern Caribbean. The rest of the fleet is expected to return to service spring/summer 2022.
In addition, Seabourn will introduce Seabourn Venture, its new purpose-built, ultra-luxury expedition ship in 2022. Seabourn Venture is scheduled to depart for its inaugural voyage on April 10, 2022, with a 12-day Inaugural Wild & Ancient British Isles voyage from Greenwich (London), England, to Leith (Edinburgh). The ship will then sail from the UK into the Arctic, exploring many far-flung destinations in Svalbard, the North Cape and other locations in Norway, as well as Iceland, Greenland, and the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. The all-inclusive, boutique ships offer all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; a pedigree in expedition travel through the Ventures by Seabourn program and two new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ships coming in 2022 and 2023. Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, visiting more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and well-being, and engaging speakers.
For reservations or more information about Seabourn, please contact Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships with two expedition ships under construction and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world. Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and the people and communities our ships visit.
Find Seabourn on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences as the Official Cruise Partner of UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions†
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
* Optional programs, for additional charge
^ Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
† Not available on board Seabourn Venture