Seabourn Venture Marks Another Milestone as Hull is Moved to Genoa for Final Outfitting
SEATTLE, March 31, 2021 – Seabourn, the ultra-luxury cruise line, is celebrating another milestone in the construction process for its first purpose-built expedition ship, Seabourn Venture, with the movement of the ship’s hull to the T. Mariotti shipyard in Genoa, Italy, for final outfitting.
The hull, which has been built up to deck 9, moved onto a special barge on March 20 and started the 1,200 nautical mile trip to Genoa on March 30. Seabourn Venture has been under construction at the T. Mariotti San Giorgio di Nogaro shipyard and is already equipped with engines, generators, and main equipment of the engine rooms.
“This step in the process will be truly exciting to watch and is a major step forward in the overall construction of the ship,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “I am very proud of everyone involved in the construction of Seabourn Venture and thank our teams for helping us reach this point under the circumstances we have faced over the past year. Our anticipation will certainly keep building in the months ahead prior to delivery.”
“We are proud to have reached such an important milestone of the project and are very excited to see finally such a beauty in her hull and superstructures form now visible,” said Marco Ghiglione, managing director for T. Mariotti. “We really thank everyone, with no exceptions, that worked with us to get to this point. Now, we can’t wait to receive Seabourn Venture in Genova for the completion.”
Seabourn Venture’s inaugural season will be Winter Norway 2022 with opportunities to see the Northern Lights. The second yet-to-be-named sister expedition ship is slated to launch later in 2022. Both ships will be designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships’ global deployment and capabilities. Each will carry two custom-built submarines, 24 Zodiacs, kayaks, and an expert expedition team.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel. Our all-inclusive, boutique ships offer: all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; and a pedigree in expedition travel borne through the Ventures by Seabourn program. Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe travel with more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. The line is also the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and wellbeing, and engaging speakers.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships with two under construction and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world. Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and the people and communities our ships visit.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
- Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
- World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
- All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
- Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Inclusive expedition experiences with Zodiacs, scuba diving and snorkeling
- Optional expedition experiences with kayaks and custom-built, 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend your expedition further for greater ocean exploration**
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating your journey
- World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance your experience
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program**
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*At the Captain’s discretion
** Optional programs, for additional charge