SEABOURN SIMPLIFIES COVID-19 PROCEDURES REMOVING VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES AND ELIMINATING
PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS
Streamlined protocols meet public health goals while giving greater access for guests who are excited to cruise
SEATTLE, August 15, 2022 – Seabourn is updating its COVID-19 guest protocols and procedures, including requirements for vaccinations and pre-cruise testing that meet public health goals while recognizing the evolving nature of the COVID-19 situation. These changes will go into effect for cruises departing on or after Sept. 6, 2022.
Under the new simplified procedures, for most cruises under 16 nights, fully vaccinated guests will no longer need to submit a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, and unvaccinated guests will only need to submit a self-administered test taken within three days of sailing. The protocols do not apply to itineraries for countries where local regulations may vary including Canada, Australia, and Greece.
"Our goal is to offer a luxury vacation experience that is unmatched in quality, safety and joy.” said Josh Leibowitz, president Seabourn. “These updated guidelines reflect our ongoing commitment to protecting our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. We look forward to welcoming all guests on board and delivering unforgettable Seabourn Moments.”
Key changes for cruises up to 15 nights (Ages 5 and older, not including full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and designated remote voyages):
· Vaccinated guests must provide evidence of vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required.
· Unvaccinated guests are welcomed aboard and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation.
Key changes for cruises 16 nights or longer (plus full Panama Canal transit, trans-ocean and designated remote voyages, ages 5 and older):
· All guests will be required to submit a medically supervised COVID-19 test with a written negative result. The test must be taken within three days of embarkation.
· Guests must be vaccinated or request an exemption from Seabourn.
The updated guidelines are subject to the local regulations of applicable homeports and destinations.
For more details about Seabourn, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ships with two under construction and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Our highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and the people and communities our ships visit.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
· Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
· Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
· Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
· All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
· Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
· Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
· Tipping is neither required, nor expected
· Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
· World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
· All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
· Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
· Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations*^
· Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
· An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions†
· Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
†Not available on board Seabourn Venture