Kings Wharf, Bermuda
The port facility known as Kings Wharf is actually the revitalized Royal Navy Dockyard of Bermuda in Sandy’s Parish. The facility was first developed in 1809, after the British lost their mainland docking rights in the American Revolution. After the two World Wars, with the British and Americans allied, there was no need for a Royal Navy base, and the facility was closed. Today it is the main cruise ship port for the island. It has many attractions for visitors, including the Bermuda National Museum and many galleries, shops, restaurants and etc. There are a number of beaches nearby, including the famous Sea Glass Beach. The port is also the start point for tours of other Bermuda highlights such as Hamilton, St. George’s and the beaches.