Don't worry about the unexpected, either before your cruise or while you're away. SeabournShield is a package of benefits to provide reimbursement for losses that may occur while you cruise. SeabournShield may be added to your booking up until time of final payment.
SEABOURNSHIELD PACKAGE OF BENEFITS:
SeabournShield Travel Insurance
— reimburses losses for the following:
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption: Enables you to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, and receive reimbursement up to your total trip cost*.
*Maximum per guest limit applies; refer to plan for details.
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you may be reimbursed up to $1,000 for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you could be reimbursed up to $3,000. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you may be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you may be reimbursed up to $20,000 for medical expenses related to an illness, or up to $20,000 for expenses related to an injury.
- Emergency Evacuation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you may be provided up to $50,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport.
Travel insurance benefits are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio (NAIC #23787).
SeabournShield Cancellation Enhancement
If your trip cost exceeds the per guest limit specified in your plan documents and you cancel your cruise vacation due to a covered reason, you will be provided a future travel credit equal to the amount by which the cancellation fees imposed exceed the per guest cash reimbursement limit. In addition, if your Trip Cancellation claim is denied due to a Pre-Existing Condition, Seabourn will provide you with a future travel credit equal to the cancellation fee amount. This non-insurance feature is provided by Seabourn Cruise Line.
SeabournShield Worldwide Emergency Assistance
— provides 24-hour assistance services including pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance and lost travel document assistance. Non-insurance assistance services are provided by LiveTravel.
The Travel Insurance portion of SeabournShield provides insurance coverage that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this insurance coverage with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker.
Important: This is only a brief description of SeabournShield.
To obtain your state-specific Certificate of Insurance providing the terms, conditions and exclusions of the certificate visit:
For most voyages: http://www.affinitytravelcert.com/docs/nwespr01.
For Antarctica, Expeditions & other select voyages: https://affinitytravelcert.com/docs/nwespr02.
For World Cruises: https://affinitytravelcert.com/docs/nwespr03.
Important: Cruise bookings that include private jet service are not eligible to purchase SeabournShield. SeabournShield is not available to residents of Quebec or Puerto Rico.
It is a condition of the contract that every Guest must have full and valid medical insurance. In the UK we have a relationship with Holiday Extras Ltd. who can offer comprehensive travel insurance covering our requirements. You can obtain a quote and full terms and conditions from https://www.holidayextras.co.uk/seabourn/insurance.html or by calling 0800 093 3070 quoting reference SBOHX.