Booking With Confidence
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the Book with Confidence program?
A1: Seabourn has enhanced its temporary cancellation policy: For bookings made by September 30, 2021 on sailings departing by December 31, 2021, guests may cancel up to 30 days prior to departure and receive a 100% future cruise credit of any payment already made to Seabourn and currently within cancellation fees. The Future Cruise Credit granted using Book With Confidence will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may then be used to book sailings departing through April 30, 2022.
The enhanced policy, which applies to select 2021 departures, also includes a “Best Fare Guarantee” benefit, ensuring guests can have peace of mind that they can always request the lowest publicly available fare offered on Seabourn.com for their voyage in the event fares are lowered following the booking. It is valid for guests if their particular voyage and booked suite category pricing is reduced. If guests who see a better public fare offered on Seabourn.com, they may submit a request for the lower fare.
For more information on Seabourn’s Book with Confidence policy, including terms & conditions, please visit https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/book-with-confidence.html.
Q2: What are the validity dates for Book with Confidence?
A2: See above.
Q3: How long do guests have to use their Future Cruise Credit if they used Book with Confidence?
A3: The Future Cruise Credit granted using Book With Confidence will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may then be used to book sailings departing through April 30, 2022.
Q4: What do I do if a guest wants to cancel under the Book with Confidence program and receive a Future Cruise Credit?
A4: It is not necessary to call us to take advantage of the Book with Confidence program. The booking must be cancelled up to 30 days prior to departure. If your booking meets the eligibility criteria, please ensure you follow these steps:
1. Cancel your booking.
2. Once verified and processed, the Future Cruise Credit will be automatically applied to your Club Number. If you do not have a Club Number, Seabourn will create a Club Number for you.
3. Receive email notification that your Future Cruise Credit has been applied.
Q5: Do guests need to use the full Future Cruise Credit amount on a single booking?
A5: No. If a booking’s base cruise fare is less than the amount of the Future Cruise Credit the residual amount will remain attached to a guest’s Seabourn Club Number for use on subsequent bookings made that fall within the applicable book by or sail by date, as outlined in the Future Cruise Credit’s Terms & Conditions.
Q6: What is the new Best Fare Guarantee benefit?
A6: “Best Fare Guarantee” ensures guests can have peace of mind that they can always request the lowest publicly available fare offered on Seabourn.com for their voyage in the event fares are lowered following booking. It is valid for guests if their particular voyage and booked suite category pricing is reduced. Guests and travel advisors should contact Seabourn directly if they see a better rate listed on Seabourn’s website, but they must do so at least 30 days prior to departure.
Q7: Who is eligible to receive compensation from your Best Fare Guarantee?
A7: Guests must have a deposited Seabourn booking to be eligible. Guests will be eligible for Best Fare Guarantee compensation if their particular voyage and booked suite category pricing is reduced on Seabourn.com. Compensation will be done on a request basis only.
Q8: What kind of compensation will be provided under Best Fare Guarantee?
A8: Seabourn will provide compensation in the form of a shipboard credit, suite upgrade, fare reduction or other method. Seabourn reserves the sole right to determine the method of compensation made to guests. The amount of adjustment will be determined by the difference between the booked fare and the current available fare displayed on Seabourn.com the day the request is received by Seabourn.
Q9: What is the process to receive compensation under Seabourn’s Best Fare Guarantee?
A9: Please contact Seabourn’s reservation department to request compensation under Best Fare Guarantee. Compensation will be provided on a request basis only.
Q10: Are Book with Confidence and Best Fare Guarantee applicable for every sailing?
A10: No, Book with Confidence and Best Fare Guarantee are available on select voyages, and not valid on World Cruises or segments thereof and sailings on Seabourn Venture.
For more information on Seabourn’s Book with Confidence, please visit https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/book-with-confidence.html.
For additional information and FAQs on Seabourn’s pause of global operations, please visit: https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/news/pause-global-cruise-operations.html
Covid-19 Protection Program FAQs
This new element of the Cruise with Confidence program provides further peace of mind for guests within 30 days of embarkation through disembarkation for bookings made prior to September 30, 2021 and sailing on or before April 30, 2022. It is designed to assist guests who, as a result of being suspected of having COVID-19 or testing positive for COVID-19, may be unable to travel to embarkation, may be denied boarding, may be quarantined on board or disembarked early.It is also designed to assist guests who, as a result of governmental travel restrictions put in place within 30 days of embarkation, cannot travel to the country of embarkation for their booked cruise. The program outlined below will apply to the affected guests and their immediate travel party in the same suite.
- Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of the cancellation fee amount of non-refundable unused services, and a refund to the original form of payment for all taxes, fees, port expenses, and pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through the cruise line. Applicable, for guests and their immediate travel party in the same suite if any guest tests positive for COVID-19 within 30 days prior to embarkation.
- FCC worth 100% of the per-day cruise fare for the missed days and a refundable credit to their onboard account for missed pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through cruise line, and for the refundable portion of taxes, fees, and port expenses for ports visited after disembarkation.
- Onboard COVID-related medical center visits and testing of suspected COVID-19 cases will be free of charge.
- Reimbursement of expenses for COVID-related medical care including during any medically required shoreside quarantine period for guests and their immediate travel party if any such guest(s) test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise. This includes air change fees in the case onward travel plans need to change.
- Any shoreside meals will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by the family assistance coordinator upon disembarkation (no receipt retention is required).
- Dedicated Family Assistance Program liaison for care and logistical shoreside support until medically cleared to travel home.
- Assistance opening COVID-related insurance claims (for those who are eligible under their insurance policies or travel protection plans)
- This program is not intended to replace insurance or travel protection there are many non-COVID related reasons for travel protection plans.
- Insurance may allow for refunds in some cases otherwise covered by FCC only.
- Insurance coverage is subject to the applicable policy.
- Guests with insurance will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses, as defined below, incurred but not covered by their insurance meaning that the guest must file a claim with their primary insurer, and submit any excluded or uncovered expense.
- This program shall not be applicable to a guest or any member(s) of their immediate travel party if such individual makes any false statements to the cruise line as to such individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status. The cruise line reserves the right to revoke any of the goodwill benefits provided in this program in the event of discovery of such false statements.
- This program is not intended to provide long-term care for issues arising from COVID-19 and there will be no reimbursement of any expenses incurred after guest is medically cleared to travel home.
Q: How long will guests have to redeem COVID-19 Protection Program Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?
A: COVID-19 Protection Program FCCs may be used toward any cruise booking made by and sailing on or before December 31, 2022.
Q: Which purchases are covered by the COVID-19 Protection Program?
- Eligible guests who do not sail will receive an FCC worth 100% of the cancellation fee amount of non-refundable unused services, and a refund to the original form of payment for all taxes, fees, port expenses, and pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through cruise line.
- Guests who miss cruise days, including time in onboard isolation or quarantine (as required by onboard medical team) will receive an FCC worth 100% of the per-day cruise fare for the missed days and a refundable credit to their onboard account for missed pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through cruise line, and for the refundable portion of taxes, fees, and port expenses for ports visited after disembarkation.
Q: Will guests be required to provide proof of a positive COVID-19 test to cancel pre-cruise and use this program?
A: While not automatically required, we reserve the right to request proof of a positive test result. This program shall not be applicable to a guest that makes any false statements to the cruise line as to such individual’s COVID-19 status. The cruise line reserves the right to revoke any of the goodwill benefits provided in this program in the event of discovery of such false statements.
Q: How do guests access their FCC?
A: FCCs will be automatically issued and applied to guest loyalty accounts.
Q: Does this program replace the need to purchase SeabournShield?
A: No, this program is not intended to replace insurance or travel protection plans. Insurance policies and travel protection plans coverage vary but may allow for refunds, cancellation for non-COVID reasons, independent travel arrangements and non-COVID related illnesses, injuries and delays, depending upon plan terms.
Q: What if guests used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for this cruise and are now cancelling under the COVID-19 Protection Program?
A: The original Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the prior Future Cruise Credit expiration date and amount. Guests may also receive a new Future Cruise Credit based on any additional cash amount paid following the COVID -19 Protection Program terms.
Q: Can guests book their own hotel if they are required to quarantine shoreside prior to returning home?
A: Hotel accommodations will be arranged by the cruise line with one of its contracted hotel partners. Should guests select a different hotel, they will be reimbursed only for the amount of the contracted hotel rate for the property provided by the cruise line. Any incidental charges, costs related to room upgrades and additional room nights in excess of what is provided by the cruise line, to the extent requested or arranged by the guests, shall be the guests’ responsibility. Cruise line shall provide hotel accommodations until clearance by a medical professional to travel home has been provided.
Q: What is the definition of “reasonable expenses?”
A: Reasonable expenses are cruise line approved hotel charges, per diem meal allowance and reasonable airline change fees (costs not waived by third party providers). Reasonable and customary shoreside medical costs specifically related to COVID-19 and denied by guests' primary insurer will also be covered under this program. Note, the program will not apply to any medical charges incurred after guests are medically cleared to travel home.
Q: Will guests be charged for COVID-19 care received onboard?
A: No, fees related to services rendered in response to guests being suspected of having COVID-19 or testing positive for COVID-19 will be waived.