Seabourn Offers New Itineraries and A 146-Day World Cruise to Must-See Destinations For The 2019-2020 Season
Embark on the journey of a lifetime
SEATTLE, August 21, 2018 - Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is offering travelers new worldwide itineraries set for the fall 2019 and winter 2020 seasons ahead. The new program includes more than 70 unique sailings to hidden harbors, marquee ports and must-see cities accessible only by smaller ships. Seabourn guests can look forward to exceptional personalized and intuitive service, generous amenities, and unique experiences from the newest and most consistent fleet in the ultra-luxury segment, including the new Seabourn Ovation, which launched on earlier this year.
The fall 2019 and winter 2020 seasons will allow guests to see and explore new sights and experience countless cultures, with voyages ranging from seven to 146 days on the line’s 146-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Destinations. These voyages will visit exotic destinations in South America & Antarctica, Africa, India, Arabia, Australia & New Zealand, and Southeast Asia, along with classic favorites including the Panama Canal, Canada/New England, and the Caribbean. The itineraries, fares and additional details of Seabourn's complete fall 2019/winter 2020 cruise schedule can be viewed at www.seabourn.com.
Also new for 2019 is the line’s new 11-, 12- and 14-day voyages to Cuba aboard Seabourn Sojourn. The season includes four separate itineraries with five different departure dates between November and December 2019. The voyages will visit five ports in Cuba, calling at three or four on each itinerary and providing guests the ideal opportunity to discover the different regions on this vast island. All five voyages will feature overnight stops in the historic capital city Havana, offering travelers ample opportunity to see and experience this vibrant destination.
“Every year, we have meticulously crafted itineraries with selected experiences to open our guest’s eyes to the wonders of the world as only Seabourn can," said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “These itineraries will be truly exciting for first-time and returning guests alike as they visit fascinating destinations around the world from the comforts of the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line.”
The Seabourn fleet will take in a number of new and notable destinations through the fall 2019 and winter 2020 seasons. They include Shelburne, Nova Scotia, Canada; Soper’s Hole (Frenchman’s Cay), and Road Town, Tortola in the British Virgin Islands; Chennai (Madras) and Karaikal, India; and Trincomalee, Sri Lanka, one of the oldest cities in Asia whose recorded history spans more than two and a half thousand years, with many Hindu sites of historical importance. Other key destinations include Matiaitia Bay, Waiheke Island, New Zealand; and Portland, Victoria, Australia, site of Victoria’s first permanent settlement back in 1834 with more than 200 buildings within the town classified by the National Trust.
Highlights of the fall 2019/winter 2020 seasons for the Seabourn fleet include:
- Seabourn Ovation– The newest ship in the Seabourn fleet will begin fall 2019 departing Athens bound for Dubai on a 19-day voyage through the Holy Land and Arabia. An additional 19-day voyage through Arabia and India will follow, with the ship arriving in Singapore in late December to begin a 14-day Holiday Thailand & Vietnam voyage including a Christmas Day Caviar in the Surf celebration at Ko Kood, Thailand. The winter season will get underway with four 14-day cruises between Hong Kong and Singapore visiting Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia, as well as a single 14-day trip to Manila and the Philippine archipelago tucked into early February – perfect to combine with one of the Vietnam/Thailand voyages. With winter coming to a close, Seabourn Ovation will turn toward Europe in mid-March sailing 22 days from Singapore to Dubai through India and Arabia, and then make one final Arabia and Holy Land voyage en route to Athens to set itself up for Europe starting in late April 2020.
- Seabourn Encore–Seabourn’s second-youngest vessel will take to the seas in October 2019 on a 19-day cruise of the Holy Land and Arabia bound for Dubai. An additional 18-day cruise through Arabia and India will bring the ship to Singapore in late November, a departure point for a short 7-day cruise to Bali that will set up the start of Encore’s Australia/New Zealand season. The season will begin in early December with a 17-day cruise of the Orchid Isles & Great Barrier Reef, bound for Sydney, followed by a 16-day Holiday cruise from Sydney to Auckland. Three 16-day voyages between Sydney and Auckland will follow as the staple of the 2020 season Down Under, followed by a 14-day cruise starting in early March heading round trip from Sydney to Tasmania and westward to Adelaide. Finally, Encore will sail 16 days north from Sydney to Bali and then 10 days on Gems of the Java Sea from Bali to Singapore. From there, in mid-April, Encore will head for Dubai over 17 days, and then on to Athens in 18 days to be set for the start of her European season in late May 2020.
- Seabourn Quest– During fall 2019, Quest returns to Canada and New England with a series of four 11-day voyages between Montreal and Boston. In late October, Quest will sail 12 days down the east coast from Montreal to Miami, with a fabulous Friday night stay in New York City along the way. The ship will then continue on, turning toward her Antarctic season with a 22-day voyage of the Panama Canal and Inca Coast from Miami to San Antonio, the port for Santiago, Chile – sailing south along the western side of South America with overnight stays in Manta, Ecuador and Callao (for Lima), Peru. The first Antarctica & Patagonia voyage of the 2019-2020 seasons will get underway in late November, bound for Buenos Aires, setting up a 24-day Holiday Antarctic & Patagonia departure from Buenos Aires, including calls at the South Georgia Islands, in mid-December. Three additional 21-day Ultimate Antarctica & Patagonia voyages will round out the 2020 season. In mid-March, Quest will depart Buenos Aires for 21 days along the Brazilian coast and Amazon to Manaus. Finally, in early April, Quest will head out of the Amazon from Manaus to Miami over 15 days, including Devil’s Island and several islands of the Caribbean.
- Seabourn Odyssey–From fall 2019 through winter 2020, Odyssey will once again focus on the popular, and very combinable, 7-day voyages in Seabourn’s Uncommon Caribbean. Departing Europe from Lisbon in early November 2019, the ship will sail across the Atlantic to Philipsburg, Sint Maarten over 14 days. The remainder of Odyssey’s autumn schedule will consist of 7-day cruises between Philipsburg and Bridgetown, Barbados – perfect for new-to-Seabourn guests and Club members yearning for a quick Seabourn “fix”. In the third week of December, Odyssey will depart from Bridgetown on a 14-day, round-trip Holiday Caribbean voyage featuring overnight stays at Santo Domingo and overnight on New Year’s Eve at Oranjestad, Aruba to welcome 2020 in Seabourn style. Then in early January 2020 Odyssey will sail on the first of 12 more 7-day voyages between Bridgetown and Philipsburg, before departing the Caribbean from Bridgetown toward the end of March on an 11-day Transatlantic voyage back to Lisbon to begin her 2020 season in Europe.
- Seabourn Sojourn – Beginning on January 4, 2020 the ship will begin the 146-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Destinations. Guests who sail the entire voyage will visit many extraordinary and noteworthy destinations around the world, including the Caribbean, Africa, India, Arabia, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Australia & South Pacific, and Hawaii. The ship will cross three great oceans and stop at 62 ports in 36 countries on five continents throughout the course of the sailing, featuring a combination of visits to world famous marquee ports and hidden gems. The World Cruise will include 16 overnights in port, and linger into the late evening another 18 times, ending in San Francisco on May 28, 2020.
As the newest ultra-luxury fleet in the industry, Seabourn’s intimate ships offer key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues including The Grill by Thomas Keller; differentiated evening experiences in partnership with Sir Tim Rice, Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, open bars throughout the ship; fine wines poured at lunch and dinner; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home onboard. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways. Travelers who covet outdoor adventures will also find the Ventures by Seabourn optional for-charge excursion program in select destinations, including Alaska, Antarctica, Europe, Australia and Southeast Asia. Guests may book these tours in advance on Seabourn’s website.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel professional, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It is also the official cruise line partner for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It has formed a partnership with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.