Seabourn Promotes Expedition Veteran Robin West to Vice President Amidst Growth of Line's Expedition Product
Robin West to Vice President
SEATTLE, July 3, 2018 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, has promoted veteran expedition leader Robin West to Vice President, Expedition Operations & Planning, to oversee and continue development of the line’s expedition-oriented product in destinations around the world. The appointment comes amidst continued growth at Seabourn, which includes the recent announcement of plans to build two new ultra-luxury expedition ships by the line.
“Robin has helped drive the tremendous success of our Ventures by Seabourn program, which is available in many desirable destinations around the world,” said Seabourn President Richard D. Meadows. “Now we’re expanding our ultra-luxury expedition travel product with ships dedicated to further delivering highly authentic experiences in new and amazing destinations. Robin’s extraordinary capabilities will continue to help Seabourn expand the definition of ultra-luxury adventure travel in all corners of the world.”
West started at Seabourn by serving as expedition leader during Seabourn’s highly successful inaugural season of four voyages aboard Seabourn Quest in Antarctica and Patagonia between November of 2013 and February of 2014. He was promoted to director in 2017.
A native of South Africa, West is a graduate of the University of Port Elizabeth. After graduating he founded two companies offering scuba diving and outdoor adventure experiences in many of South Africa’s most beautiful and exciting areas. Expanding his experiences beyond Africa, he has participated in expedition travel operations since 2002, sailing on numerous ships and planning and executing expedition programs for half a dozen companies. He has spent multiple seasons in regions from the circumpolar Arctic to the Antarctic, including East and West Africa, the South Pacific, Indian Ocean, Southeast Asia, Central and South America, Australia and the Mediterranean.
As Vice President, West will be responsible for overall planning and management of Seabourn’s expedition operations to Antarctica, the Arctic, and other exotic destinations around the world. He will also continue to oversee the line’s highly successful Ventures by Seabourn program of optional, for-charge expedition-style excursions offered in select destinations. In addition, he will further enhance the company’s current deployments with added opportunities for Seabourn guests to enjoy the company’s award-winning luxury and onboard amenities in combination with authentic, adventurous experiences ashore.
Seabourn continues to represent the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, more than 170 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com. A dedicated shore excursion call center is available for guests at 1-800-984-3225.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It has formed a partnership with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.