Freiwillige und vorübergehende Unterbrechung des weltweiten Schiffsbetriebs
Seabourn's Updated Plans to Restart Ship Operations
September 8, 2021
UPDATED RESTART DATE FOR SEABOURN QUEST
For any questions about Health & Safety information including shipboard protocols as well as testing and vaccination requirements,
Q: Why is Seabourn delaying the return to service of Seabourn Quest?
A: Seabourn continues to work with various global government and port officials to develop plans for a full return of cruise travel. The brand has updated the restart of one of its remaining ships, Seabourn Quest, in time for the summer season in the Mediterranean on May 10, 2022.
Voyages affected include:
- Seabourn Quest, 2021-2022 Antarctica and South America season including the Amazon region are cancelled. Departure dates were from November 7th, 2021 through April 25, 2022.
The restart dates for the rest of the fleet are as follows (previously announced):
- Seabourn Encore – April 17, 2022, departing from Athens, Greece
- Seabourn Sojourn – June 6, 2022, departing from Athens, Greece
Two Seabourn ships resumed service in July 2021:
- Seabourn Ovation in Greece
- Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean
Q: Which voyages are impacted by our latest restart plans?
A: Download the complete list of impacted voyages.
Q: What are guests’ options if they were booked on a voyage impacted by the delayed restart of Seabourn Quest?
A: As a gesture of goodwill for their loyalty to Seabourn, we are offering guests a discount of 10% off the base cruise fare of a new future voyage (excluding World Cruise voyages or segments thereof, the Grand South Pacific voyages, and any inaugural voyage). Guests should make their new booking before the end of the year to take advantage of this discount, which will be in addition to any other promotion or incentives available.
- For a similar voyage with adventure in mind, we hope guests will consider one of Seabourn Venture's Svalbard Experience voyages sailing between Tromsø, Norway and Longyearbyen (Oslo), Norway that departs between May 4 and July 27, 2022. Located halfway between Norway's North Cape and the North Pole, the islands of Svalbard offer a dramatic setting to explore on our ultra-luxury, purpose-built expedition ship. Riding in Zodiacs and paddling kayaks, observing from the decks and trekking on the islands themselves, guests will experience and explore this isolated, unspoiled and breathtakingly beautiful place during the endless days of its short, exuberant summer on board our newest ship during her inaugural season. Learn more about the Svalbard Experience cruises and see current fares on our website.
For a full list of recommended alternative voyages, please click here.
Guests’ refunds will be processed in the next 30 days. Alternatively, if guests would like to transfer the deposit and any Future Cruise Credits from their current booking to a new booking, they should contact their travel advisor or us for assistance. The funds and credits will be transferred, and they will receive a 10% discount off the published fare of their new booking (with the exclusions listed above). Non-cruise fare purchases will be refunded to the original form of purchase.
Q:What is the new plan for the Seabourn Quest’s restart deployment?
A: As a result of the delayed restart of Seabourn Quest, the ship will begin its season in the Mediterranean on May 10, 2022. The ship will resume service in Europe, where it will spend its summer 2022 season homeporting from Venice, Italy. Seabourn Quest will visit historic countries in the Adriatic and Ionian seas through mid-July before turning west and north to explore coastal destinations across Spain, Portugal, France and the United Kingdom. Guests looking to sail sooner with Seabourn can join us on Seabourn Ovation sailing from Miami this fall and winter or Seabourn Odyssey from Barbados. Please visit www.seabourn.com for more details.
Q: What is happening on Seabourn ships before they restart operations?
A: A group of team members are on board to keep vital ship operations running during the period where guests are not onboard. Once we approach the restart date for each ship, we will increase the size of our crew, and training will be underway to prepare for the arrival of the first guests.
Q: Where can I find current information regarding impacted cruises & health advisories?
A: Updated information is available on Seabourn's website under the “News & Media” page.
Please do not save or refer to information other than what is posted on our website. The situation continues to evolve, information may become out of date quickly, and updates posted on non-Seabourn sites may be inaccurate.